Thursday, July 27, 2017

Our Income Tax department has a strange maintenance message

I logged into my income tax e-filing account yesterday, and saw this message: "You are not authorized to view this page because either your bank details of your PAN and profile details are incorrect or these details have not been passed onto e-Filing. Please contact the owner of the information for details".


Needless to say, I was completely perplexed. I had filed my taxes correctly and mentioned my bank details correctly. My profile and PAN details were correct too. Why this message? Moreover, because of this message, I couldn't even access my dashboard or file a grievance.

A bit of Googling revealed that few other people had faced the same issue since 2014. One of the answers on a forum said that this message shows up when the website is undergoing some routine maintenance, and we should check back after six to twelve hours.

I logged back in the next day and sure enough, everything was back to normal.

Phew!

I do hope our e-filing department changes that message to something like "Routine website maintenance ongoing. Please check back after few hours".

This is for all of you who were perplexed by this message and didn't know whom to ask. Hope it helped.

No comments: