04 September 2024

Taking screenshots on Android using the physical keys

For all these years, I've been annoyed at having to swipe my palm over the phone to be able to take a screenshot. Often, the window I'm trying to take a screenshot of, gets disrupted. Often the palm swipe does not get detected. 

Google searches led to nothing other than the palm swipe.

I tried asking ChatGPT, and it suggested pressing the power button and lower volume button simultaneously. It didn't work. But on trying it again, keeping the keys pressed for more than 1 second, it worked! 

I tried a Google search again, and it looks like there are websites that mention how to take screenshots. However, ChatGPT gave the answer in one simple sentence, and it was refreshing to be able to get the answer in a condensed form and directly, rather than having to go through multiple websites. This tech is truly a blessing.

No comments: