11 October 2023

Making it easier to merge multiple backups of your phone's contacts

I had a lot of backups of my phone's VCF files, and I wanted to merge it. There are a few software available for doing the merge, but they don't allow the User to select from ambiguous merges. So I decided to build one.

My VCF contacts merger is designed to search for duplicates based on the last 8 characters of any line starting with "TEL". 

  • It automatically merges obvious contacts, and shows the User any ambiguous contacts. 
  • Editing can be done with the usual Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Ctrl+X, and you can move between duplicate contacts using the left and right arrow keys. 
  • You can even save, close the GUI and resume from where you left off, when you open it again.

Hope it's useful for anyone who wants to merge their VCF files.

The program: https://github.com/nav9/VCF_contacts_merger


Say thank you or donate

No comments: